Monday, March 23, 2009

Great Morning

Lately, every morning has been a struggle. Amilia is not a morning person and she bugs Nathan on purpose.
Nathan is a morning person and is up as soon as he is told or before if he wakes up. He always wakes up starving!
Amilia does not want to eat when she gets up. We have to force her to eat because after the ADHD meds kick in, she just picks at lunch.
This morning, they both got up, got dressed and were ready for school without any bickering or arguing. YEAH. I think getting up to a clean room helps. We also have a new hanging container in the closet that is labeled Monday through Friday. Both kids got it ready last night so there were no searching for socks, etc.
After the kids got off to school, I returned one of the plastic bins we bought because it was cracked and was missing a handle. Then went food shopping for the week. Found some great bargains on the plastic clogs...they are lined with faux lambs wool and are very comfy, so I bought two for each of the kids in their size and the next size up and one for Jim and I.
One of the other things I started with the kids this morning was setting their alarm clocks. Unfortunately, Amilia's was on loud buzzer so as soon as it went off, she started crying. So while out, got her another alarm clock that has "nature sounds" so I can set it to go off 15 minutes before she needs to get up and she will hopefully wake up more slowly.
We also have a new chore list but I need to find a good place to put it and have good rewards for completing.
I admit, I am not the best with follow through and they are at the age where they need it. So that is another commitment. I will follow through when I say I will to the kids. We are going to finish their rooms this week and I am going to finish cleaning the house this week. I am not able to get into to see the MD to go back to work until later this week, so I have lots of time to clean and organize.
Then, I think I might hire someone to come in once or twice a week to clean. But until the house in not a complete wreck, I do not feel comfortable doing that. Maybe by the end of the week.

No comments: